You need to a hold “D” Dangerous Goods Endorsement Unit Standard 16718 on your New Zealand driver licence in order to transport dangerous or/and hazardous substances on NZ roads.
Courses are run at Unit 5, 2 Ivan Jamieson Place, Christchurch Airport, Christchurch, 8053
Please check with us.
If you have a special need, we run Group training courses for companies that have a large number of employees requiring training for the handling and transportation of Dangerous and Hazardous Substances for a D endorsement that can be delivered at our training rooms or at yours. If your company has a need for a Group training course then please contact us at your convenience
Cost to do this course
This course costs $485.00 including GST
Course Pre-requisiteNZ Class 1 Full Licence
Note: Licence endorsement and licence class systems work together
One Day Course:
Theory 5-6 hours and will cover:
- Identifying the scope of the Dangerous Goods Rule.
- Identifying driver and loader responsibilities relating to the loading and the transport of Dangerous Goods
- Identifying the requirements for packages containing Dangerous Goods in Limited Quantities (DGLQ).
- Demonstrating knowledge of segregation requirements for storing or/and transporting Dangerous Goods.
- Demonstrating knowledge of placard requirements for vehicles and freight containers containing ortransporting Dangerous Goods.
- Identifying driver actions and considerations in the event of an incident or emergency.
- Identifying and explaining documentation required for the transportation of Dangerous Goods.
- Unit Standard 16718.
This course is based on United Nations Standards as required by "NZ Transport Agency" guidelines. Upon successful completion of Unit Standard 16718, you will be issued with a NZ Transport Agency Driver Licence and Endorsement Certificate from Know The Rule to take to a NZ Transport Agency Licensing Agency where they will process your application to have the appropriate endorsement added to your Driver licence.
The approved NZ Transport Agency Driver Licensing Agent either VTNZ or AA will issue you with a temporary Full Licence until your new Driver licence is issued with your D endorsement applied.
You are NOT licensed transport Dangerous or hazardous substances on a New Zealand road until you have submitted your NZ Transport Agency Certificate to either VTNZ or AA and received your (Temporary) licence.